пятница, 14 ноября 2008 г.

Hello... (*the first message obviously)

...so my name is Svetlana Kurtova and I am going to publish some of my translations here. Translating may be called one of my passions and though I am an amateur here (being a professional contracts manager in real life) I always like to share meaningful stuff I have read.

The structure and the content of this place is a bit unpredictable at the moment but the whole idea is to put my Russian translations here, which perhaps is not terribly exciting for non-Russian speakers, whom I can only suggest to admire lovely Cyrillic letters. Actually the original titles of the articles might also carry useful information.

The first several messages are by Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt. The original texts of the articles and interviews are taken from his official website www.eric-emmanuel-schmitt.com/

The translations are based on the French original texts but I admit that I also took a glance at the English translations (again provided by the website mentioned above) - just to clarify certain parts, because my French is far from perfect though survivable.

Some articles might be followed by a small reference list with personal names and books` titles - given in Russian transcriptions and in original writing. That should be handy.

I tried to make the text readable in Russian, so it`s not just a direct translation, but the result of work with synonyms and such. Anyway the text is the closest possible to the original. I also understand that unless you speak Russian this fact might be challenging to be appreciated :)

If you are ready to ask why thoughts and words of others are published on the webpage with my name in its address – I actually have nothing to answer. Except that this is my name: official but not original though. My “Family name” as it is called in English, but not the name of my family. That is a completely different story actually... Okay, it`s time to stop on that melodramatic note right now, enjoy your reading :) And feel free to make your comments.

Комментариев нет: